Teams and Committees Quotes
Top 20 Teams and Committees
No 1 (Best quote!)
The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in
the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime.
- Babe Ruth (1895-1948), American baseball player, pictured right.
Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.
- Earvin (‘Magic’) Johnson (1959), American basketball player, pictured right.
Co-operation must outrank self-interest.
- Thomas Watson Jnr, pictured
right, in A Business and Its
Robert Owen (1771-1858), pictured right ,
the Welsh businessman, agrees:
Happiness is achieved by the union and co-operation of all for the benefit of each,
Community... creates personality, power, freedom. It also... continuously creates purpose,
- Mary Parker Follett (1868-1933) American management
expert, pictured right.
Committee - a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be
- Fred Allen (1894–1956), American humorist, pictured right.
Time spent on any item of the agenda will be in inverse proportion to the sum involved.,
- C. Northcote Parkinson (1909–93), English writer, pictured right.
The length of a meeting rises with the square of the number of people present.
- Eileen Shanahan (1924-2001), American journalist, pictured right.
We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass.
- Brian Clough (1935-2004), pictured right, English football (soccer) manager.
A committee is a group of the unwilling, chosen from the unfit, to do the unnecessary,
- Anonymous (original author unknown).
There may be no ‘I’ in team, but there’s a ‘me’ if you look hard enough.
- David Brent (Ricky Gervais) in the TV comedy, The Office, pictured right.
A camel is a horse designed by a committee
- Alec Issigonis 1906–88, pictured right, Greek-born British motor car designer.
Committee - a group of men who keep minutes and waste hours.
- Milton Berle (1908-2002), pictured right, American comedian
He became not a man but a member ... He was welded into a common personality which was dominated by a single
(on Henry’s automatic rifle firing in battle in the 1895 novel The Red Badge of Courage)
- Stephen Crane (1871-1900), pictured right, American writer.
You will never be great on your own, you need to be able to work with people.
- Daley Thompson (1958- ), English athlete, pictured right
None of us is as smart as all of us.
- Kenneth Blanchard (1939- ), pictured right, American
Do you want a collection of brilliant minds or a brilliant collection of minds?
- Meredith Belbin (1926- ), pictured right, English
An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps and fights as a team.
- George Patton (1885-1945), pictured right, American World War Two general
I don’t necessarily pick the best players, but I always try to pick the best team.
- Alf Ramsey (1920-99), England football (soccer)
manager, pictured right
Individuals don’t win, teams do.
- Sam Walton (1918-1992), pictured
right, American founder Wal-Mart,the world’s biggest retailer
How did we get through? Partly the fear of fear. The fear of being found afraid. Another factor is the belief in
human beings - your colleagues.
- Second Lieutenant Edmund Blunden (1896-1974), pictured right, (British officer talking
about the Battle of the