Internet and Computers Quotes
Top 10 Internet and Computers Quotes
No 1 (Best quote!)
The power of the Web is its universality.
- Tim Berners-Lee (1955- )
English inventor of the World Wide Web, pictured right.
So Berners-Lee also says:
The Web is a grassroots revolution.
Computers are magnificent tools for the realization of our dreams, but no machine can replace the human spark of
spirit, compassion, love, and understanding.
- Lou Gerstner, American boss of IBM 1993-2002, pictured right.
So Lech Walesa, president of Poland 1990-5, pictured right , asks:
You have the riches and freedom here but I feel no sense of faith and direction. You have so many computers, why
don’t you use them in the search for love?
The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do.
- B.F.Skinner (1904-90),
pictured right, American psychologist, pictured right.
Pablo Picasso (1881-1973) Spanish artist,
pictured right, also comments that computers don’t ask questions that lead to creativity and change:
Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
We're in a race between computers and people - and we need to make sure that the people win.
- Eric Schmidt (1955- ), chairman of Google, pictured right .
To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so.
- Robert Orben (1927- ), US magician and comedy writer, pictured right.
I would trade all my technology for an afternoon with Socrates.
- Steve Jobs (1955- 2011), co-founder of Apple,
What we're trying to do is just make it really efficient for people to communicate, get information and share
- Mark Zuckerberg (1984- ), founder of Facebook, pictured right.
The power of social media is it forces necessary change,
- Erik Qualman (1972- ) , American writer, pictured right.
The Internet is the Viagra of big business.
- Jack Welch (1935- ), American
boss of General Electric 1981-2001, pictured right.
The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow,
- Bill Gates (1955- ), co-founder of Microsoft,
Gates also says:
The future of computing is the computer that talks, listens, sees and learns