Top 10 Product Quotes
No 1 (Best quote!)
People don’t buy things but buy solutions to problems.
- Theodore (Ted) Levitt, pictured right,
in The Marketing
A difference is only worth establishing to the extent that it is important, distinctive, superior, communicable,
pre-emptive, affordable and profitable.
(talking about product differentiation)
- Philip Kotler, pictured right, in Marketing Management ,ninth
The product is the most important thing.
- James Dyson (1947- ), English
inventor of the bagless vacuum cleaner, pictured right.
Our belief was that, if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their
- Steve Jobs (1955-2011), pictured right,
Between two products equal in price, function and quality, the better looking will out sell the other,
- Raymond Loewy (1893-1986) French-born
American industrial designer, pictured right.
They give people pride in what they do. They make it possible to love the product
(talking about excellent companies)
- Thomas (Tom ) Peters, pictured right above, and
Robert Waterman, pictured right, in In Search of Excellence 1982
The product... will speak for itself, if it’s something of quality.
- Estée Lauder (1906-2004), cosmetics tycoon,
Work, properly conducted in conditions of human dignity and freedom, blesses those who do it and equally their
- Ernst Friedrich (Fritz) Schumacher, pictured right,
in Small is
We’re not in the coffee business serving people, we’re in the people business serving coffee.
- Howard Schultz (1953- ), founder and boss of Starbucks, pictured right.
A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is - it is what consumers tell each other it is.
- Scott Cook (1952- ), founder of Intuit, the American software company, pictured right.
Jeff Bezos (1964- ), pictured right, founder of Amazon,
A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things