Top 20 Quality Quotes
No 1 (Best quote!)
Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
- Aristotle (384-322 BC), Greek
philosopher, pictured right.
Strive for perfection in everything we do.
- Henry Royce (1863-1933), co-founder of the British company, Rolls-Royce , pictured right.
Quality comes from prevention, not detection.
- Philip Crosby, pictured right, Quality is Free (1979)
Inspection to improve quality is too late, ineffective, costly...Quality comes not from inspection, but from
improvement in the production process.
- W. Edwards Deming, pictured right,
in Out of the Crisis (1982)
Quality is what the customer – not the company - says it is.
- Armand Feigenbaum, pictured right, Total Quality Control
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- Bert Lance (1931-), pictured right, American businessman.
But the American quality expert, W. Edwards Deming, pictured right, warns
Because nothing’s wrong doesn’t mean everything is right.
Anything you can do, I can do better.
(from a song in the 1946 musical Annie Get Your Gun)
- Irving Berlin
(1888-1989), American songwriter (pictured right).
Don’t find fault, find a remedy.
- Henry Ford (1863–1947), American car manufacturer,
Quality is everyone's business.
- Kaoru Ishikawa, pictured right, in What Is Total Quality
Quality is free.
(title of a 1979 book, because quality saves more money than it costs)
- Philip Crosby (1926-2001), pictured right, American quality
In the same book Crosby also says:
The quality process goes on forever
There's only one real sin, and that is to persuade oneself that the second-best is anything but the
- Doris Lessing (1919-2013), pictured right,the English writer.
The only way to do great work is to love what you do.
- Steve Jobs (1955-2011), pictured right, co-founder of
Apple, pictured right.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
- Aristotle (384-322
BC), pictured right, Greek philosopher.
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
- Henry Ford (1863–1947), pictured right, the American
Striving to better, oft [often] we mar what’s well
(the Duke of Albany in King
Shakespeare (1564-1616), English playwright, pictured right
Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
- Vincent van Gogh (1853-90),
pictured right, Dutch impressionist painter.
When love and skill work together expect a masterpiece.
- John Ruskin (1819-1900), pictured right,
English artist and philosopher.
Quality control is an obsession,
- W. Edwards Deming,
pictured right, Out of the Crisis
You don't get better work by kicking people.
- John Edmonds (1944- ), pictured right,British trade union boss.
A composition for cheapness and not excellence of workmanship is the most frequent and certain cause of the
rapid decay and entire destruction of arts and manufactures.
- Josiah Wedgwood (1730-95),
pictured right, English pottery manufacturer.