Top 10 Production Quotes
No 1 (Best quote!)
The customer is the most important part of the production line.
- W. Edwards Deming, pictured right,Out of the Crisis (1982)
Adam Smith, pictured right, in The Wealth
of Nations (1776) says something similar:
Consumption is the sole end and purpose of all production
Efficiency is concerned with doing things right. Effectiveness is doing the right things,
- Peter Drucker, pictured right, Management: Tasks, Responsibilities,
A world-class manufacturer is one that fulfils the customer’s demands for high quality, low cost, short lead
times, and flexibility,
- Richard Schonberger, pictured right, in World Class
Success in production is led by motivated and well organized people.
- Tom Peters (1942- ), pictured right, the American management
Peter Drucker (1909-2005), pictured right, the American
management writer, says something similar:
Productivity is an attitude
Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black.
- Henry Ford, pictured right,
in My Life and Work (1922)
In the factory we make cosmetics; in the store we sell hope.,
- Charles Revson (1906–75), pictured right, American founder of Revlon Cosmetics, pictured
Battles, campaigns and even wars have been won or lost primarily because of logistics.
(on the importance of getting supplies)
-Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969) , American
president and World War Two general, pictured right.
Use resources productively, waste less and make work enjoyable and worthwhile.
- Bill Reddin, The Output-Oriented Organization (1989)
The greatest improvement in the productive powers of labour, and the greatest part of skill, dexterity, and
judgment with which it is any where directed, or applied, seem to have been the effects of the division of
(from the 1776 book The Wealth of Nations)
- Adam Smith (1723-90), pictured
right, Scottish philosopher.
Machinery creates wealth but destroys men.
- George Cadbury (1839-1922), English chocolate
manufacturer, pictured right.